BNSF railroad’s imminent plan for an industrial trans-shipping yard with a 6000 vehicle parking lot for rail to highway transport resulting in 300-600 daily truck trips through Saint Paul Park, with operations running 24/7; the planned development consumes farmland bordering residential homes in Saint Paul Park and Cottage Grove, and Grey Cloud Island along the Mississippi River banks.
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOU AND YOUR COMMUNITY?
- Significant depressive economic impact on local property values
- Appreciable and constant noise and light pollution
- Far-reaching, consequential impacts to traffic patterns including Hwy 61 / 70th St interchange
- Considerable damage to local and country roads and streets
- Serious safety hazards to recreational bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians
- Material impact to nature due to proximity to Mississippi River and location on migratory bird path/habitat
Citizens to Preserve Residential Communities
Our mission is to ensure the 300 acre lot will contribute to the well-being and prosperity of the following communities, Saint Paul Park, Grey Cloud Island Township, and Cottage Grove.
CPRC is committed to working towards a positive solution, whether it’s continued agricultural use or future residential development.
CPRC opposes unnecessary heavy industrial uses in residential neighborhoods and rural communities.
Come One, Come All
join the group